Monday, September 26, 2011

Lots o' pants!

Since Nin won't stop growing, I made her some more pants.  On a side note, she has grown a little over an inch since May of this year.  In 4 months!  Since both girls are now so tall, I can't get a pair out of 1 yard anymore.  So the only corduroy that I had that was longer than 1 yard so was olive green and a brown floral.  I showed them to her and she liked them.  At first. 

So I spend several hours (until 2 am) making these super slim cords.  Once complete, I showed them to her and she immediately turned up her nose and said that she didn't like the fabric anymore.  So I used a little reverse pyschology and told her that I would give them to her sister (since they wear the same size) and she said "oh ok, I will take them now."  Roughly translated, that means that she will wear them, so that her sister can't have them.  Girls!

Pattern:  Ottobre Design 4/2009 #31.  These are a size 134.  With a big hem at the bottom so I can let it out as she grows.

4/09 #31

What's not to like about plain ol' cords with a rainbow waistband and fun zippers!

4/09 #31

The brown floral is a little much, but she picked out the material!

4/09 #31

4/09 #31

I found a pattern in one of my Ottobre magazines for a pair of cords and they were super cute. So I traced those out for TheoLeo. I saw an idea for flipping the pattern piece on the corduroy that the wales are going different directions for a little visual interest.

Pattern: Ottobre Design 4/2010 #11 in size 86. The waistband and cuffs on the pants are made out of cotton lycra, with a piece of elastic in the waist to help keep them up!

4/10 #11

The knee pieces

4/10 #11

pockets lined with baseballs!

4/10 #11

a little helicopter tag under the pocket

4/10 #11

Although there are only 3 pairs, they were a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment