Friday, September 2, 2011

Hair!

I have probably the thickest hair of anyone I know.  Crazy thick and course and wavy.  Not so great of a combination.  Most of the time I wear it secured in a pony tail because it's just too heavy and hot to wear it down on my neck. 

Just for a little perspective I took some pictures earlier this year before I got my hair cut.

Before:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And in a pony, how it is 90% of the time

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

Over the years, I have purchased a bazillion hair products that are marketed for people with thick hair. And over the years a bazillion of these products have failed miserably in their attempt to hold up my hair. They are relegated to the back of the drawer never to see daylight again.

This do' took about 40 bobby pins and 2 ponytail holders and half a can of hairspray to hold it up!

Photobucket

I even tried the 5 minute curl tutorial using a headband. Guess what, doesn't work with my hair. I can get about half of the hair up on the headband and can't find any more room to cram in the rest.

5 minute curls

These guys are supposed to hold your hair up by securing it to the hair underneath. They aren't supposed to cross each other and you aren't supposed to use any other pins or pony's. They work, if I use 2 ponytail holders with them....

Photobucket

Not a chance

Photobucket

These

Photobucket

these

Photobucket

and these

Photobucket

not happening. Maybe if I use a pony and 2 of them.

I actually own this exact barrette. That won't hold onto my hair and that I gave to my daughter..

Photobucket

Headbands! I wish! The weight of my hair hanging down pulls the headbands loose and they flop forward. The only way I can wear headbands is if I put my hair in a pony first.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have this, doesn't even work when I pull half my hair up...

Photobucket

Notice a trend? In my case, ponytails are where it's at.

So I guess this is all to say, do you have any ideas on products I can use in my hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment