Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Conkerr cancer

One of the ways to earn points in Stash Game is to sew for charity.  This time around the charity is Conkerr Cancer.  A group who collects bright, fun pillowcases for children who are undergoing cancer treatment.  I decided to sew up some pillowcases that would use up some of the many yards of flannel I purchased on Black Friday last year.  And the year before.  And the year before that....  It's just so cheap that day!  Cheaper than any other day of the year! 

I thought I would start off with ten and see if I could get those sewn up in one night.  Success!  I sat down Friday night at about 9 or so and finished up all the pillowcases by 11 something.  I even made a pillowcase for my brother.  I found the fabric for that one in a tub of fabric I purchased from a coworker.  It was 1994 Power Ranger fabric with all the original Power Rangers on it!  Daniel has loved the Power Rangers since he was young (he was 3 in 1994).  I couldn't figure out what to do with this as 1 yard wasn't enough for pj pants or a button up shirt.  So it was destined to become a pillowcase! 

I made all these pillowcases and then discovered that the only place in ALL of Kansas that accepts them is a hospital about an hour away.  I want to try and get about 10 more finished in the next 10 days and then mail them all at once!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know the fabric is kind of hard to see but there is Muppets, Barbie, Hannah Montana, kitties, Dale Earnhardt Jr, pirates, and gold fish.
You can go here and learn more about what you can do to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment