Thursday, February 2, 2012

Farbenmix Encinitas

I ordered a bunch of Farbenmix patterns in a co- op last summer.  I finally got them in January and set to work sewing one up for Addi Bo's birthday gift.  I chose the Encinitas which can be a super frilly, ruffly, twirly dress.  It can also be made plain, but what's the fun in that!  And since the birthday girl is very girly I chose pink!

3 1/2 yards of fabric later and I had this!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Upfront ruffles

Photobucket

Top view

Photobucket

And a little tag that peeks out of the ruffles when the dress moves

Photobucket

The dress is a peasant bodice attached to a double layer skirt. The upper skirt has 3 long tear drop shapes with 3 shorter upside down u's all sewn together alternating long, short, long, short, long short. It's what gives the dress the scalloped effect. The under layer is just 6 long tear drop pieces that also create a scallop shaped hem. Now, I don't technically know if I did this correctly. I mean, the pattern was in German, and I don't speak German. And I had a few pieces leftover. But from what I gather looking at other examples is that the leftover pieces are to create pockets if you want them. But I went without because I didn't think the dress needed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment