Friday, May 6, 2011

Summer sewing, costumes and gifts

Since I have not been able to successfully figure out how to stop the kids from growing, I started on some summer clothes.  I think the authorities tend to frown upon kids running around naked.  Just guessing though.  ;) 

Since Nin is the one in desperate need of clothes that fit, I started with hers. 

Pattern:
Kwik sew guachos #3441

I even made these with pajama jean material from JoAnn's.  I just had to buy it, more because it cracked me up then I thought I would actually use it.  But I did and Nin loves it!  She declared these to be very comfy shorts.  So I may just have to go buy more. 

Kwik Sew 3441

And a close up of the pajama jean material

Kwik Sew 3441

Then I made her an outfit from the new Ottobre magazine. I pulled out coordinating fabrics, matching appliques and ric rac and painstakingly cut and sewed this outfit. And then she promptly rips a hole in the knee the first time she wore it. So maybe I overdramatized the putting together part.....  Now I need to make the leggings shorter or detatch them from the skirt altogether. 

Pattern:
Otto mag 3/2011
#19-shirt
#20- skirted leggings
both in size 134
the appliques on the shirt are from Holland Fabric House

otto 3/11

otto 3/11

otto 3/11

On to the shorts! I have probably mentioned my love for the short pattern in 3/2009 Otto before. The Bert and Ahoy shorts. I pulled the pattern out and made a few, okay maybe a few more than a few.

Pattern:
Otto magazine 3/2009
#14 Ahoy for the smaller kids
#23 Bert for the bigger kids

For Avie

3/09 otto Ahoy shorts

fussy cut pockets

3/09 otto Ahoy shorts

With the matching shirt. An Antonia of course, but I bet you figured that out already. With embroidery done on my new machine!

3/09 otto Ahoy shorts

A close up! Isn't this little guy cute! It is from the Brother website.

antonia

For TheoRama

3/09 otto Ahoy shorts

Cute little robot tag (also from Holland Fabric House)

3/09 otto Ahoy shorts

For Nin a pair made out of madras plaid.

3/09 otto Bert shorts

KK gets polka dots! She picked this fabric out....

3/09 otto Bert shorts

Look at that twin topstitching!

3/09 otto Bert shorts

3/09 otto

The gift part of today's post is a diaper bag. Another Kati Cupcake bag, but without the grommets and sash. I couldn't find grommets to match, so I left them off.

Kati Cupcake

Outside pocket

Kati Cupcake

Inside pockets

Kati Cupcake

This bag has 13 pockets!

On to the costume portion. My sister needed poodle skirts for her and Baby Avie to go to a theme wedding. I am in love with Avie's. It is the cutest little skirt and fits her perfect!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My girls trying to "help".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't even know what this is about..

Photobucket

Did you catch all that?! Good now go over to Kellybellybags and use the code Mayday for 20% off today!

No comments:

Post a Comment