Monday, August 27, 2012

The jeans no one will wear!

There has been a jeans pattern stuck in my head for awhile now so I finally traced the pattern and set to work making a pair from some nice stretch denim that I had intended to use for myself. 


They are super cool pants that have these awesome circle pockets on the back!  They also had cool circle knee patch thingy's on the front.  Notice in the picture above that there is a lack of cool knee patch thingy's.  These were for my Nin.  She needs pants.  She mostly refuses to wear pants, but that's a different story for a different day. 

Anyhow, Nin took one look at the picture and said, "you aren't putting those circle things on the knees are you?"  Me, "yes, why?"  She replied, "they look like giant knee boobies."  Note to self: Nin does not like giant knee boobies.  So they were left off.

Super cool back pockets, no?


I get the pants done, minus the hemming, and have her try them on so I can see how big of a hem I need.  Guess what?  They don't fit!  The dang waist is too small.  I made the same size I always make but they are at least an inch too small in the waist.  Can't even get them buttoned, too small. 



But after 4 hours working on these suckers, I wasn't about to give up.  I took them to KK and asked her to try them on.  She has a smaller waist but is taller than Nin.  They fit!!!  Hallelujah!!  But guess what?  She doesn't like them.  BTW- she doesn't like giant knee boobies either.  I guess my kids just aren't knee patch wearing kind of kids. 

They aren't skinny jeans, she complained.  That is all I want to wear this fall.  Seriously?  Yep, 5th graders wear skinny jeans.  Appearantly. 


So now these poor top- stitched, perfect zipper fly pants hang on a rack.


No love!!


Ottobre 1/2010 #37 in size 140.

No comments:

Post a Comment