Monday, April 11, 2011

Howdy!

Been awhile huh?!  This time of year is always very busy.  Starting seeds, cleaning garden beds, transplanting young seedlings, etc.  I haven't had much time to sew lately since it has been so nice outside.  I did manage to finish up 2 aprons, 1 dress and I have a purse in the works.  I have managed to spend lots of money on fabric and patterns lately though!  But for right now, they just sit.  Since I love to look at other people's pictures so much, I thought I would share a few of the things we have been working on up on top of the hill.

I finally figured out who has been pulling all the petals of my tulips.  And I caught her red handed this time. Baby Avie!

Photobucket


Photobucket


More tulips.

Photobucket


My new baby.

Photobucket


A bunch of dresses all lined up on the for sale rack.

Photobucket


Tray of seedlings.

Photobucket


Purple bell pepper plants. They are an heirloom variety called Purple Beauty. Bell peppers in all colors are my favorite thing to grow and eat from the garden!

Photobucket


Seedlings that had to be transplanted to larger homes.

Photobucket


These tomatoes have done the best of all the seeds so far. Rosso Scilian, another heirloom variety, known for their large fruits and are perfect for canning. Which is why I am trying them!

Photobucket


Baby lettuce! We love homegrown lettuce! Since we kept running out last year, I planted 2 beds this year. And I use the term "bed" lightly. I just tossed some seeds in the front garden where I had some open room. These seeds came from Seed Savers and is a 7 variety pack of various heirlooms.

(with a weed right up front and center)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Onions

Photobucket


See the dead looking thing there? That's a strawberry crown. I have never planted strawberries (aside from the disastrous topsy turvy incident) because you don't typically get results the first year. I am impatient and want them now! But we are giving it a go because the kids keep asking.

Photobucket


Peas. Lots and lots of baby pea plants. I planted 45 plants this year....

Photobucket


Photobucket


And finally, my Indian who keeps watch on my front porch. My granny kept this guy in her back flower garden and I always took care of him when I was planting petunias for her. Well when she died, I asked if I could have him for my own garden. Most of my family had no idea he was even back there in the garden. So now he sits on my front porch. I really need to find a better spot for him. If he ever got stolen I would be devastated. He needs a name and a bath, or at least a good painting.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment