Monday, December 27, 2010

Intervention

I think I may need an intervention. My name is Kelly and I make way too many Antonia's. There I said it. If you readers promise not to call Intervention, I promise not to make any more Antonia's. How about that? But while you are here, let me show you how I spent the last week....

I got together with friends and their daughters the Saturday before Christmas and painted t-shirt fronts with the kids. The kids did a few and the adults did a few. And then they left me with a big ol' mess. The end. Okay, not really.

So we decided to make a few Christmas ones and then let the kids pick a second design. Since 4 out of the 5 kids picked a reindeer, I set them up with just 4 colors to chose from. You know sometimes with kids, less is more. I should have given them 2. When you see the shirts, you will know why. But it was fun and the kids had a really great time and when they saw their completed shirts they were stoked!

So I got to mix and match the rest of the shirt parts (which is the fun part for me!). So here is what we got, in size order.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a hard time deciding on the fabric for these. I only had a few Christmasy fabrics to chose from. I found the solids and then found the red and blue stripes. And then in my remnant pile I found the green and white stripes, which incidently is a Target baby blanket. I was almost out of the green and white and it was my fave, but I managed to stretch it into 2 shirts.

So Wed. night I finished these so that the kiddos could have them for Christmas.

And then Sunday I picked out fabric for the other designs and sewed them all up in one marathon. These were my favorite to do because I could literally pick any fabric and trim and ribbon I wanted! I sat for 2 hours on the floor of my sewing room playing with fabric trying to get the right combos before cutting and sewing! I am only slightly insane.

In size order again.....

We have Baby Ally's, with a band at the bottom to be more like a tunic than a t-shirt. I checked with her mom first to make sure she had pink or brown leggings. Because dang it, this shirt needs them and I was prepared to make her some.

Look closely at her sleeves. They are cut off another t-shirt...

Photobucket

Kate's

Photobucket

And look at this trim on the sleeves! Ruffle FOE (fold over elastic). Matches perfect!

Photobucket

Then there is Addi B's.

Photobucket

And she gets 2 different trims. One in between the sleeve pieces and one at the sleeve end.

Photobucket

Next in Nin's.. She painted this one herself. Hello Kitty! I cut up one of her old shirts to use as the sleeves and she was a bit disappointed at first but then I convinced her that since the old shirt didn't fit they were better as sleeves. The lace trim was already on the bottom so I just left it! Look how cute it is!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last is KK's. I tried a new sleeve band on the bottom but somehow my math didn't work out and they are a little short. She doesn't mind though that they are more like 3/4 sleeves.

Photobucket

5 little shirts all lined up

Photobucket

Photobucket

How is that for insane? 10 shirts in 4 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment