Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby clothes

I recently made 2 baby outfits for a friend who was giving them as a gift!  I am pretty sure I have never turned down the opportunity to make baby clothes!

The first outfit is from one of my favorite pattterns ever!  The New Conceptions Baby Essentials pattern!  It has a button down shirt, a cross over shirt, pants and shorts!  There is also a hat and bootie pattern which are very cute as well.  I have never made the booties but have made the hat several times..


Then I used the shirt and pants pattern from my favorite Ottobre magazine, 1/2009!  Really, I needed to get this outfit done and I already had it traced in the correct size.  I finally used up most of the stripe facbric that I purchased from Girl Charlee last year.  I bought 2 yards and when you make baby clothes it sure doesn't get used up very fast!! 

On this one I decided to put an applique in the center to jazz it up.  It turned out really well!  I just hope they stuck woth the name they had picked out ahead of time...


In this pic the pant cuffs are rolled all the way down.  They are meant to be folded up in half like the sleeves!

Close up of the applique!



No comments:

Post a Comment