Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kids Clothes Week Challenge wrap up

I managed to do somewhat decent for the KCWC.  I got an hour in at least 5 of the days!  It was exactly what I needed to push myself and get the clothes done for my baby nephew who is due to arrive in under 2 weeks!  I still have many many many other sewing chores to get done, but this crossed several off my list!!  How about some pictures of what I accomplished?

First off, this little deer outfit was not something I completed during the challenge, I actually completed it the day before, but it goes with my overall theme of baby clothes so I have to include it here!

Pattern:
Ottobre 1/2012 #10- for the pants
Ottobre 3/2011 #12 for the shirt

I must say that even though the outfit is super precious and cute, the pants are not my favorite.  They have a seam on the outer leg.  I just happen to prefer baby pants with fewer seams so as not to irritate little baby skin.  So after making these I went back to the pattern I prefer.

My sister said she had plenty of clothes in newborn sizes but needed some 6 mo and up sizes.  So I said okay, but then set about making whatever I wanted.  Why did I ask?!!  When creativity siezes, just go with it! 

Baby gets an outfit to match the shorts I made for big brother Theo.  These are about a 3mo, but the leg openings on the shorts are huge!  Not sure what to make of them or if they will even fit in time for summer wearing!

Pattern:
Ottobre 3/2011 #15- shorts
#12- shirt


Look at these heavily topstitched pockets!  Not sure what a tiny baby needs with such fantastic pockets, but they really do make the shorts!


Ships ahoy!!  Well maybe not, but this little outfit is certainly sailor inspired.  I almost think it's too girly!  But, again, this is the cutest thing I have ever made!!  Are you tired of hearing that by now?!

Pattern: 
Ottobre 3/2011 #11

Back- more pockets!


And I don't know what it is with Ottobre, but they seriously have issues with putting zippers in the back of baby clothes.  Really.  Knock it off already.  First of all, who wants to hassle with flipping a baby over to zip up their clothes and secondly, that can't be comfy for a baby to be laying on that zipper all day.  So as with all these ridiculous zippered outfits, I just cut the back on the fold and altered the pattern at the shoulder to add snaps.


Then I made a pair of pj's which I forgot to take a picture of.......

Then I set to work on pants and a matching jacket.  Both size 6 mo.  I still need snaps for the jacket but didn't have the right color.

Pattern:
Ottobre 1/2009 #10- pants
Ottobre 1/2012 #9- jacket


Love the square neckline of this jacket!


It's even lined!  In a super duper soft lime green interlock!


Here is everything I am sending to her!  Including the mising pajamas!











No comments:

Post a Comment