Like what I did there! Ha! Now that the embroidery machine is back up and running I have been making appliques on most of the clothes I have made. I have to catch up for lost time!!
I made baby Avie another tunic from Ottobre 1/2012. Since this one was to have an applique and I somehow got it in my mind that I wanted it to be tiered, nothing else would work. I initially looked for a dress from a recent Ottobre that was already tiered. Either it was too late at night or my mind was playing tricks on me since I couldn't seem to find the dress I knew I saw earlier. I even remember the colors!! Since my mind was already set on a tiered, envelope neck dress, I just modified the tunic pattern I just made her. Which, honestly, would have been easier to do that then spend an hour searching all my old Ottobre's.
I really love this little dress! It is very sweet and girly and fun. And, I even made matching leggings. They are capri length with ruffly FOE on the bottom edge that is a perfect coordinate to the top! Seeing how I have like 9 million yards of FOE on hand at all times, I was sure to find something to match!
Since I can't make Avie something without making TheoRama something, I kept the green out to test out the new gator alphabet applique that I got as a gift at Planet Applique. Very cute indeed!
These little appliques are a great way to use up scraps. For example, the green and white stripe above is from a Target baby blanket that I bought about 3 years ago. Now, it's probably going to take 50 more years for me to use up all my scraps, but we all have to start somewhere!