Tuesday, March 13, 2012

S'more baby clothes

Like what I did there!  Ha!  Now that the embroidery machine is back up and running I have been making appliques on most of the clothes I have made.  I have to catch up for lost time!! 

I made baby Avie another tunic from Ottobre 1/2012.  Since this one was to have an applique and I somehow got it in my mind that I wanted it to be tiered, nothing else would work.  I initially looked for a dress from a recent Ottobre that was already tiered.  Either it was too late at night or my mind was playing tricks on me since I couldn't seem to find the dress I knew I saw earlier.  I even remember the colors!!  Since my mind was already set on a tiered, envelope neck dress, I just modified the tunic pattern I just made her.  Which, honestly, would have been easier to do that then spend an hour searching all my old Ottobre's. 

I really love this little dress!  It is very sweet and girly and fun.  And, I even made matching leggings.  They are capri length with ruffly FOE on the bottom edge that is a perfect coordinate to the top!  Seeing how I have like 9 million yards of FOE on hand at all times, I was sure to find something to match!



Since I can't make Avie something without making TheoRama something, I kept the green out to test out the new gator alphabet applique that I got as a gift at Planet Applique.  Very cute indeed!


These little appliques are a great way to use up scraps.  For example, the green and white stripe above is from a Target baby blanket that I bought about 3 years ago.  Now, it's probably going to take 50 more years for me to use up all my scraps, but we all have to start somewhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment